Want to join a rapidly growing, high-tech manufacturer?
COTSWORKS, LLC is a rapidly-growing, high-tech manufacturer seeking individuals who want the opportunity to work with good people and for a company that recognizes the importance of work-life balance, offers a great working environment, competitive pay and benefits, and the opportunity for advancement throughout one’s career.
Come join the team at COTSWORKS in Cleveland, Ohio!
COTSWORKS is a privately held company located in Highland Heights, Ohio (an eastern suburb of Cleveland). We primarily operate in the fiber optics communications equipment industry serving the industrial, military, avionics and energy markets.
We design, engineer, and manufacture ruggedized fiber optic cables and transceivers for today’s leading OEMs and their partners. From design to prototype to production, we deliver high-quality products and support to our customers for their system needs.
For more information, please check out our website at www.cotsworks.com, connect with us on LinkedIn, or visit our Indeed page (https://www.indeedjobs.com/cotsworks-llc/_hl/en_US) to view all our current position openings.
This full-time, hourly position reports to the Production Supervisor. The Fiber Optic Technician supports the Operations function in the production of fiber optic parts and components. The Fiber Optic Technician assembles, disassembles, test, and inspects parts and components using a variety of hand tools and electronic equipment according to required specifications for defined manufacturing processes. This role supports two key areas of the interconnect (cable) and optoelectronic (transceiver) manufacturing processes: assembly and testing.
The following outlines basic duties and responsibilities, which are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Reads, interprets, and follows detailed work instructions, drawings, processes and established procedures to assemble parts according to customer specifications.
- Keeps accurate records (i.e. travelers) of production outputs (i.e. quantities and time).
- Reports issues, malfunctions or defective parts to the supervisor for immediate resolution.
- Inspects work to verify the accuracy and completeness of work being performed.
- Handles material in a safe manner within an Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) environment.
- Keeps the workplace safe by following safety rules, practicing safe work habits, maintaining a clean and organized work area, utilizing appropriate safety equipment, and reporting unsafe conditions to the supervisor.
- Completes mandatory training required to support the work process.
- Shows up to work on time and adheres to work schedule and time requirements.
- Demonstrates team unity by sharing knowledge, information, and ‘know-how’ with others.
- Makes fiber optic cables and/or transceivers by assembling parts and assemblies using a variety of hand tools, equipment, and fixtures.
- Assembles complete units of work and verifies that finished parts or components meets specifications.
- Takes precision measurements for perfect fit of components using manual and/or automated equipment.
- Completes one or more phases of the assembly process (i.e. inspecting, cleaning, assembling, terminating, polishing, testing, and/or packing of the finished product).
- Troubleshoots and repairs damaged or nonconforming assemblies to ensure full compliance with customer specifications and requirements.
- Follows test documentation to execute testing requirements.
- Conducts tests using test equipment to determine functionality and pass/fail results.
- Reviews and/or records test results (i.e. pass/fail) to determine whether the product meets specifications.
- Completes set up, calibration and changeover of testing platforms in a safe and accurate manner.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED)
- IPCA-610 certification a plus (documentation required)
- General assembly experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity skills
- Proficiency using common office productivity tools, equipment, and applications (i.e. Microsoft Suite, Lab-view)
- Ability to use an oscilloscope or other magnification tools
- Ability to work with hand tools and very small parts
- Ability to read and interpret data, information, drawings, and other documents
- Ability to apply basic mathematical skills in the completion of work assignments
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve basic task-related issues
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new information or skills
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people in a collaborative manner
- Ability to conduct oneself with a high level of professional and personal integrity
- Ability to pass a background check, drug screen, visual acuity test, and color test
- S. Citizenship a requirement
BENEFITS (include, but are not limited to):
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Short-term and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Basic and supplemental life insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are simply looking for honest, ethical, and hardworking individuals who are eager to learn new skills and want to work in a team-based manufacturing environment.
REQUIRED: All candidates must be U.S. Citizens. Candidates must be willing and able to pass a background check and drug screening to be considered for a position at COTSWORKS, LLC.
COTSWORKS provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals/M/F/D/V.