- COTSWORKS is founded in an unheated garage in Beachwood, OH.
- The 89x transceiver is selected for the Boeing 7e7 program.
- New facility built to process opto-electronic modules.
- AFDX media converters developed and used for testing the 7e7.
- Unique conformal coating process developed to increase optical transceiver durability in harsh environments.
- COTSWORKS expands sales into international markets.
- WDM transceivers and passives ruggedized for Mil/Aero use.
- Dedicated manufacturing line developed for Fiber cable jumper assembly.
- Highest resolution optical test systems used to diagnose airplane cable faults.
- Epoxy applications developed to seal opto-electronics for harsh environments.
- COTSWORKS celebrates rollout of the Boeing 787.
- Handheld optical test equipment resale helps OEMs test and use rugged optics.
- Complex cable assembly offered for Mil/Aero and Industrial applications.
- Design services for rugged optical networking created.
- Parylene coating services implemented to increase in-house capabilities.
- COTSWORKS expands manufacturing facility with advanced ESD implementation.
- Rugged SX standard transceivers developed for ARINC 818 applications.
- Fiber cable facility expands with higher capacity equipment.
- ARINC 818 test equipment developed with automation capability.
- Major radar program selects COTSWORKS' opto-electronic assemblies.
- 10th employee is hired.
- European sales reach 15% of revenue as EMEA adopts rugged fiber optic solutions.
- COTSWORKS achieves ATEX certification for Oil and Gas deployment.
- Elio and other industry standard termini capabilities are added.
- In-Line Ethernet media converter developed with sales in USA and N. Europe.
- 100,000th transceiver shipped.
- COTSWORKS receives $650,000 loan from the State of Ohio to acquire additional manufacturing equipment.
- The RJ Transceiver is enhanced to support digital diagnostics, 5Gbps, and single mode fiber.
- Manufacturing facility space doubles to provide separate cells for transceiver solder, assembly, and test.
- New website debuts with easy access to data sheets and support documents.
- New website debuts with public access to data sheets and supporting documents.
- Enterprise software implemented with manufacturing support.
- 25th employee is hired.
- COTSWORKS achieves ISO 9001 certification for design and manufacturing.
- The pluggable RCP transceiver ships at 10Gbps with native ARINC 801 support.
- Fiber optic cable services now supporting customers worldwide.
- Lightning Stick media converter now includes built-in TDR and Software.
- Facility expansion continues with ESD fixturing and monitoring throughout.
- The RCP is upgraded for a new radar program offering 15 dB of link budget at 10Gbps.
- Fiber optic training is now offered on-site or at COTSWORKS.
- Engineering capabilities are expanded with improved team and mechanical and electrical software.
- Additional space is acquired for sales and marketing departments.
- COTSWORKS is named as one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in Northeast Ohio by prestigious Weatherhead100 award from Case Western Reserve University's Weatherhead School of Management.
- Boeing Commercial aircraft begin to ship with a fiber to the seat IFE network connected by COTSWORKS' transceivers.
- The LC- Rugged (LC-R) is released offering an all metal, 1.25mm latching fiber connector attached with a screw. Patent awarded: #014169/000008
- Fiber optic splitters for Multimode cable with Single Mode wavelengths manufactured in house.
- COTSWORKS ARINC media converters fly aboard Airbus aircraft.
- The RJ SX is upgraded to 10Gbps supporting industry leading data rates in a small but rugged package.
- The RJ-SX and LC-R based assembly pass grueling military qualification over competitive products.
- The RCP is now offered in dual Transmit and/or Receive as well as standard duplex.
- Cabling services now include unique HD termini capability.
- COTSWORKS hosts ARINC meeting in hometown of Cleveland, OH.
- Manufacturing areas added to support expansion of fiber optic cable assembly and extended burn-in test per Military specification.- LC801 patents awarded: #014169/000012, #014169/000020, #014169/000022, #014169/000023
- TAO patents awarded: #014169/000011, #014169/000017
- LAC patent awarded: #014169/000013
- 50th employee is hired.
- Interconnect product platform adds ARINC 801 adapter, complex cable assembly, and plastic fiber optic products.
- Opto-electronic product platform adds the LAC-10G to the RJand the RCP- making three rugged industrial temperature 10Gbps form factors available.
- COTSWORKS opens sales office in Fulda, Germany to support continued growth in EMEA markets.
- TAO awarded US Patent # 9,678,287
- AS9100C certification achieved in upgraded facility with production capability of 250,000 units/year.
- W.L. Gore & Associates recognizes COTSWORKS as value-added distributor of cableand expert termination services.
- 75th employee is hired.
- COTSWORKS creates GmbH in Fulda, Germany dedicated to serving EMEA customers.
- LC801 awarded US Patent # 9,885,835.
- LAC awarded US Design Patent # D830,310
- The LC-T is released offering an all metal, 1.25mm latching fiber connector secured with a non-deforming metal clip.
- COTSWORKS implements enterprise ERP system
- AS9100D certification achieved.- Credit facility increases to $4.5M, strengthening banking relationship with KeyBank to support continued growth.
- JobsOhio awards COTSWORKS with $1.2M R&D grant for the development of a Fiber Optic Research Center of Excellence.
- 5th patent awarded
- COTSWORKS expands to 100+ employees.
- LC-T awarded US Patent #s 2019/084400.
- 100,000+ parts shipping per year.
- Noah Davenport named as Best Intern finalist for the Expys Awards hosted by the Northeast Council on Higher Education (NOCHE).
- COTSWORKS is named as one of the top 100 fastest growing companies in Northeast Ohio for the second time by the prestigious Weatherhead100 award from Case Western Reserve University's Weatherhead School of Management.
- Facility expands to 30,000 sq. ft.
- VFL-SFP patent awarded: #014169/005010
- 100th employee is hired.
- Multi-year product development plans created with 2020/2021 high-level roadmaps posted to COTSWORKS website, demonstrating alignment with mil/aero market needs.
- New product families released: MT-style parallel optical cable termination services, custom SM and MM Optical Sub Assembly components, and Rugged COTS Pluggables.
- Released first optical test device in SFP form factor; the patented VFL-SFP is a visual fault locator incorporating push button, i2C control, and remote operation.
- Implemented Enterprise-level Manufacturing Execution System (MES).
- Successfully completed virtual audits to maintain AS9100 & ATEX certifications.
- COTSWORKS GmbH continued to grow with new business relationships in EMEA.
- Ken Applebaum named NEO Manufacturing Hero on the Industrial Talk Podcast.
- Patents Issued: #014169/011011 LC-T, #014169/005010 VFL-SFP, #014169/000020 LC801
• Celebrated the 15th anniversary of operations at the top of 2021.
• Completed Vertical Integration of 1-10G 850nm TOSAs to expand product offerings.
• Developed FORCE, a USA-based ISO 10000 Cleanroom, capable of designing, testing, and qualifying optical sub-assembles (OSAs)
• Launched LIGHTLY, a new ARINC 801 Termini product capable of hand installation without additional tools.
• Released RJ-28G Transceiver with high-performance 850nm VCSEL and PIN supporting applications such as 25G Ethernet and 32G Fiber Channel.
• Continued growth with the support and new investment with Phoenix Venture Partners.
• Donna Rhodes, COTSWORKS’ Chief People Officer, named Finalist for Crain’s 2021 Excellence in HR Award
• Published roadmaps and development plans for future products, including RJ-3G-LX and RJ-10G-LR product lines
#11201709073S – LC801, #11194097 – Rugged Splice, #6118580 – Lightly (UK), #11079553 – ULTRA, #6563973 Lightly (Trademark)